Ameritas Dental Plans
The Ameritas approach to dental insurance is simple – plan options to fit your needs backed by one the largest dental networks nationwide and award-winning service. It’s really that simple.
Dental insurance for individuals, families, and seniors.
- Average senior spends $1,154 a year on dental services
- 71% of employed seniors intend to keep their dental insurance and use it each year*
- 42% of seniors have no dental insurance currently*
- Dentists work harder to preserve natural teeth – making dental care throughout retirement even more important
*Gallup Study 2015.
Network for greatest savings.
- Over 400,000 access points nationwide
- Over 100,000 unique providers nationwide
- Ameritas 65+ insureds have a 41% network utilization witha 31% discount average
- 94% provider persistency
|Procedure||80th U&C||Network Rate†||Day One Cost||Day One Savings||Year Two Cost||Year Two Savings|
|Description of benefits shown based on 55379 zip code. Rates vary by location. Benefits based on Advantage Plus II dental plan. †MAC/MAB charge.|
Why do I need dental and vision insurance coverage?
If you are in the market for dental and vision insurance and find yourself asking, “Why do I need it?” consider the advantages to your overall health. Our oral and ocular health can be key indicators in detecting early stages of many health risks and diseases along with preventing many other health issues.
Ameritas understands that your needs are unique
We’re committed to finding you the dental and vision plans that meets your needs. Our PrimeStar dental and vision insurance plans offer affordable coverage with instant free online quotes, coverage for individuals 18+ (including seniors), no online enrollment fees and the Ameritas dental network.
|PrimeStar dental insurance plans also offer:||PrimeStar vision insurance plans also offer:|
Do I have to use an in-network dentist for your plans?
No, with Ameritas PrimeStar dental insurance plans, you have the freedom to use any dentist you would like. You do not need to select your dentist from a list of network providers to qualify for benefits and coverage. However, if you purchase a network plan, you have the ability to lower your out-of-pocket costs and receive the greatest savings when you utilize a Ameritas Dental Network provider.
What is the frequency limit for teeth cleanings?
How can I look for in-network dentists?
- Discounted fees, typically 30% below average charges in your community
- Immediate network discounts
- One of the largest nationwide networks with over 428,000 access points and 111,500 unique providers
Additionally, when you utilize a Ameritas Dental Network provider, your out-of-pocket costs may be lower because they have agreed to a negotiated fee for covered services.
How long will the enrollment process take?
What are waiting periods?
I haven’t heard back on the status of my application, how do I check the status?
What dental plan should I choose?
- Are there waiting periods for certain procedures?
- Does this plan require you to use a network of dentists or can you use any dentist you choose? If the plan has a network, what dentists participate in the plan’s network?
- If I used a dentist outside the plan’s network, what will the benefits be?
- Does the plan charge an enrollment or application fee?
- Is there a deductible on the plan?
- What is the annual maximum?
How do I order an ID card or order a replacement ID card?
How do I submit a dental claim?
PO Box 82528
Lincoln, NE 68501
or by email via [email protected].
What happens when I reach the end of my coverage period?
Call us at (3120 726-6565 with any questions.
Apply Online Now
- Savings for using the Ameritas network
- Still have the freedom to use any dentist you would like
- Instant free online quotes
- Coverage for individuals 18+ (including seniors)
- No online enrollment fees
- Optional vision add-on