United HealthOne Dental Insurance
Underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Co
United HealthOne is the largest singular healthcare provider in the country. As such, they offer great choices for dental insurance for Indiana residents
Our Rating: ★★★☆☆
Why should I consider this coverage?
Plus, you can add vision benefits
Your eyes are an important part of your health too. You can add vision benefits (available in most areas for additional premium) to your dental plan as well. Coverage for eye exams to contact lenses. Add it today for additional coverage.
Family-friendly dental plans
Preventive care has no waiting period and depending on the plan design, you pay a $25 copay or nothing. For Basic and Major Services, there’s a maximum of 3 individual $50 deductibles per family, per calendar year. Our Premier plans offer a combined deductible for Basic and Major services – especially helpful for large families.
Dental care at any age
No age limit means even those covered by Medicare can apply. Good dental health is important at any age. We have plans to fit your age and stage of life.
Four Dental Plans
UHC offers four plan designs. “Primary” plans have a lower maximum benefit (yearly payout cap), while “Premier” plans have a higher benefit that increases over time. From their, you can choose a plan that better suits you depending on whether or not your doctor is in network.
- Plan availability varies by state
- Pays non-network provider benefits based on the network negotiated rate. Non-network dentists can bill a patient for any remaining amount up to the billed charge. Plan availability varies
- Pays non-network provider benefits based on the reasonable and customary charge. Non-network dentists can bill a patient for any remaining amount up to the billed charge.
- If the effective date is prior to July 1, Year 2 begins the following January 1. If the effective date is on or after July 1, Year 2 will begin January 1 following 12 consecutive months of coverage. Subsequent years after Year 2 will begin the following January 1.
- Service pricing for ZIP Code 432– and assumes $50 deductible has been satisfied. Discounts vary by type of provider, geographic area, and type of service.
- Oral evaluations – limited to 2 per calendar year.
- Routine cleanings – limited to 2 per calendar year.
- Fluoride treatments – limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years, limited to 2 times per calendar year.
- X-rays (bitewing) – limited to 1 series per calendar year.
- X-rays (full mouth panoramic) – limited to 1 per 36 months.
- Space maintainers – limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years, once per 60 months. Benefit includes all adjustments within 6 months of installation.
- Sealants – limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years and once per first and second permanent molar every 36 months.All Plans: Basic ServicesBasic services are covered subject to the deductible, coinsurance, or waiting periods. Basic services have a 6-month waiting period.
- Fillings (amalgam and composite).
- Simple nonsurgical extractions – limited to 1 per tooth, per lifetime.
- General anesthesia – in conjunction with oral surgery or the removal of 7 or more teeth.
- Local anesthesia.
- Palliative treatment – only if no other services other than exam and radiographs were done on the same tooth during the visit.
Provisions & What's Not Covered
- Any dental service relating to teeth that can be restored by other means; for purposes of periodontal splinting; to correct abrasion, erosion, attrition, bruxism, abfraction, or for desensitization; or teeth that are not periodontally sound or have a questionable prognosis.
- Orthodontia, braces, cosmetic dentistry, or dental implants.
- Oral surgery, except as expressly provided for in the policy.
- Orthognathic surgery, changing vertical dimension, restoring occlusion, bite analysis, or congenital malformation.
- Setting of facial bony fractures and any treatment associated with the dislocation of facial skeletal hard tissue.
- Treatment of malignant or benign neoplasms, cysts, or other pathology, except excisional removal.
- Mouthguards, precision or semi-precision attachments, occlusal guard, replacement of orthodontic retainers, treatment splints, bruxism appliance, duplicate dentures, harmful habit appliances, replacement of lost or stolen appliances, sleep disorder appliance, and gold foil restorations (except as provided for in the policy). For Major Services, no benefits are payable for:
- Initial placement of full or partial dentures or bridges and related services, to replace functional natural teeth that are: – Congenitally missing; or- Lost before insurance under the policy is in effect.
- Replacement of full or partial removable dentures, bridges, crowns, inlays, onlays, or veneers which can be repaired or restored to natural function.